Extenda-Life® End Plated Crossarm
BROOKS patented, galvanized steel end plates extend the life of traditional Douglas fir crossarms by preventing end split. Extenda-Life® End Plated Crossarms significantly increase the life cycle of any distribution and transmission line. (Patent No.: 7,007,438 B1)
Brooks Manufacturing Co. developed a process to eliminate premature failure of crossarms due to end split. Out of service crossarm research determined that replacement would not have been necessary, if Extenda-Life® End Plates had been installed.
Why Use Extenda-Life® End Plated Crossarms?
- Engineered to eliminate crossarm end split and the use of other anti-split devices
- More than a 50% increase in strength for longitudinal and transverse loading
- Factory installed
- Provide substantial long term cost savings by significantly extending the life of the crossarm
- Reducing expenditures for labor, equipment, and materials
- ANSI and RUS approved
- Hardening the system while reducing the labor cost